ABA Career Opportunities
Director, Communications & Marketing
American Bus Association
Leading transportation and tourism trade association seeks seasoned Director of Communications & Marketing to lead their public relations efforts.
The Director will implement public relations projects related to the promotion of the motorcoach, tour, and travel industry. Responsible for development and management of the Association's online presence, as well as other quality communication pieces serving the Association’s membership, industry audiences, consumers, public and trade media, and others. Publishes a daily email to members as well as semi-monthly industry magazine. Will maintain contracts with vendors for services related to the execution of departmental objectives. Works with all departments to develop strategic communications plans for other Association initiatives. Develops and oversees image promotion, member communications, community relations, media relations and website activities. Provides crisis communications assistance to members in times of need. Establishes benchmarks to measure the effectiveness and saturation of corporate communications and public relations campaigns.
Reports to the President & CEO.
• BA or BS with emphasis in journalism and communication preferred or relevant work experience.
• Ten or more years of editorial/writing experience, including public policy and corporate communications, and at least five years of experience in crisis communications.
• Experience in production of printed material, editorial, speech writing, survey development, market research, product placement, strategic planning as well as government relations is essential.
• Superior written and oral communications skills.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Knowledge of transportation industry a plus.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.