ABA Career Opportunities
The American Bus Association (ABA) is looking for a professional, enthusiastic, organized, and detail and solutions-oriented program specialist to assist the president and manage several of the association’s programs.
The successful candidate will serve as the liaison between ABA’s President & CEO and its Board of Directors, including assisting in coordination of meetings; maintaining and updating board and committee-related documents; managing communications with the board and the membership at large; special projects such as research, drafting communications, event planning, other DC meetings; and working with the president on the strategic direction of the association.
The position offers an opportunity to grow quickly and manage a number of the association’s programs. Affiliate organizations that the successful candidate may manage or co-manage include the ABA Foundation, Florida Motorcoach Association, Hispanic Motorcoach Council, Entertainer Motorcoach Council, and Skål International USA. Responsibilities include: meeting planning and coordination, development of educational seminars, fundraising, financial management, membership development, communications, and website management.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work closely with association members and the leadership groups of the assigned programs
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Fast learner with the ability to respond quickly and accurately to challenges and tasks, and willing to take ownership of delegated project
- Ability to meet competing deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of, or experience with databases
- Ability and willingness to travel when required, roughly 8 domestic trips per year
Recognizing their members’ need for a better, more cost-effective way to fill open positions, American Bus Association, has partnered with New York-based, online recruitment leader, CareerCo. Together, the plan is to help ABA members leverage a risk-free, performance-based system to recruit and hire for all positions. Through its effective career advisor system; proprietary job-mapping “CareerMAP” technology; “WOOF Job Alerts,” which provide real-time alerts to job seekers as opportunities matching their criteria become available; CareerCo offers a proactive approach to finding employees that’s risk-free and ROI-focused. And, special pricing is offered for all ABA members!
CareerCo can help with all your job opportunities; from CDL Drivers, Hotel, Retail and Restaurant Staff, Automotive Repair, and Management positions.