ABA Career Opportunities
Communications & Marketing Associate
ABA is looking for a professional, self-motivated, organized, detailed and solutions-oriented Communications & Markating Associate to work with the Senior Director of Communications & Marketing in promoting ABA, its members and the industry to a wide audience.
The Communications & Marketing Associate would support the Communications & Marketing Office of ABA to promote the Association’s goals. The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Communications & Marketing, and collaborates with other ABA Divisions, including Meetings & Education, Membership, Government Affairs & Policy and the ABA Foundation.
The Communications & Marketing Associate operates in a fast-paced, dynamic association environment, with routine deadlines and competing assignments. This position is responsible for:
- Managing content for ABA’s daily and weekly publications
- Managing aspects of ABA’s website, including WordPress microsite
- Assisting in planning marketing strategies and objectives, including creation of marketing materials and marketing campaigns.
- Developing brochures and various marketing pieces both for digital and print
- Ensuring effective, branded marketing communications across all channels
- Develop compelling email marketing materials using Informz.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 or more years’ experience in marketing, in addition to a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field. The candidate must have strong written and oral communications skills, demonstrating attention to detail. The candidate must also be task oriented, energetic and demonstrate an interest in professional development. Knowledge and experience with basic office software is essential, and preference will be given to candidates with experience using design and video editing software, such as Adobe Creative Suite.
Candidates must possess a broad knowledge of marketing principles, proven time-management skills, the ability to meet goals and deadlines and quality standards whether working independently or collaboratively and possess a working knowledge of branding and graphic placement in print and digital media.
Specific Skills Requirements:
- 4+ years in communications/marketing position
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with web-based content publishing
- Experience with social media resources
- Experience with graphic design and video editing a plus
- Knowledge of AP Style a plus
- Demonstrated experience handling a high volume of work and performing in a fast-paced environment, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and goal-driven, with a demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
To apply, send a resume with cover letter, marketing samples and salary requirements to email@example.com
The American Bus Association (ABA) is looking for a program and operations specialist to work directly with the president and the chief financial officer. Candidates must be enthusiastic, multi-taskers, work under deadlines, organized, detailed, and solutions-oriented. The primary focus of the position will be to assist the president and manage several of the association’s councils and programs. The secondary focus of the position will be to assist the chief financial officer with administrative functions.
The successful candidate for the position will serve as the liaison between ABA’s president and its Board of Directors, support the ABA Foundation’s Board of Governors, assist in coordination of meeting agendas, materials and speakers; maintain and update board and committee-related documents; manage communications with the boards and the membership at large; undertake special projects and research; draft communication; and work with the president on the strategic direction of the association. In addition, the candidate will assist the chief financial officer with office administration, accounting procedures, and tasks associated with human resources for the association.
The position offers opportunities to grow quickly and manage numerous association programs and councils. Affiliate organizations that the successful candidate may manage or co-manage include: the ABA Foundation; Florida Motorcoach Association; Hispanic Motorcoach Council; Entertainer Motorcoach Council; School Bus Council and Skål International USA. Responsibilities include: agenda development and meeting management, development of educational seminars, fundraising, financial management, membership development, communications, and website management.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both as part of a team, and independently when appropriate
- Ability to work closely with association members and the leadership groups of the assigned programs
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Fast learner with the ability to respond quickly and accurately to challenges and tasks, and willing to take ownership of delegated projects
- Ability to meet competing deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of, or experience with, databases
- Ability and willingness to travel when required
Please submit cover letter with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for these positions.