ABA Career Opportunities
Grassroots and Project Specialist
The American Bus Association (ABA) is looking for a junior level grassroots/project specialist to work directly for the president, and in association with the Chief Financial Officer, the senior vice president for government affairs, and the vice president for communications in support of ABA initiatives. Additionally, as the position entails ABA member relations, the individual will routinely communicate and coordinate with the membership department.
The primary role of this position will be to serve as a conduit between members of the association and the industry, and Members of Congress and their staffs. In addition, the individual will serve as a liaison to various state associations. The secondary focus of the position will be to assist other departments and the chief financial officer with outreach to affiliate organizations.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communications skills, be enthusiastic, good at multi-tasking, able to meet strict deadlines, organized and detail oriented, have project management skills and be solutions-driven. The primary responsibility of the position will be to oversee the Association’s grassroots efforts, including management of the grassroots database and platform, with the intent to promote and support direct communication between ABA members and their respective Members of Congress in support of ABA advocacy priorities.
Please submit cover letter with resume to: email@example.com to be considered for these positions.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both as part of multiple teams, and independently when appropriate
- Ability to work closely with association members and Congressional staffs
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Fast learner with the ability to respond quickly and accurately
- Willing to take ownership of delegated projects
- Ability to meet competing deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of and experience with databases
About the American Bus Association
The American Bus Association (ABA) is the trade organization of the private bus and motorcoach industry and the group travel industry. Prior to COVID-19 the Association had more than 1,000 motorcoach and tour company members in the United States and Canada and another 2,500 members are travel and tourism organizations and suppliers of bus products and services who work in partnership with the North American motorcoach industry.