Bus Industry Safety Council
ABA's Bus Industry Safety Council is comprised of security, mechanical, safety, operational and maintenance leaders from ABA's bus operator and supplier membership. The group meets regularly to discuss issues and innovations in areas of safety, regulatory compliance, mechanics, technology and security.
The mission of the Bus Industry Safety Council is to develop and promote methods, materials, and procedures to improve motorcoach safety.
Safety Council Officers
- Chairman: Mike McDonal, Eyre Bus Tour & Travel
- Vice-Chairman: Stephen Evans, Pacific Western Transportation
- Secretary: Al Smith, Greyhound Lines, Inc.
- Executive Director: Norm Littler, ABA, Washington, DC
- General Counsel: Clyde Hart, ABA, Washington, DC
- Government Activities Review Committee: Dan Tomlinson, Indian Trails Inc.
- Human Performance Committee: Wes Pemble, Jefferson Lines
- Vehicle Technical Operations Committee: James Morra, Adirondack Trailways
- Workplace Health and Environmental Safety Committee: Al Smith, Greyhound Lines, Inc.
- Security Committee: Col. Michael Licata, C.A.T. Eyes
Application and Other Helpful Links
Issue Request Form
Have an issue you would like to see the BISC discuss at our next meeting? Fill out an issue request form.