Climb aboard BusPAC and let your voice be heard! By adding your voice, through participation in BusPAC, you strengthen the presence of the Motorcoach, Tour & Travel Industry in Washington, D.C. BusPAC is one of ABA’s strongest tools, in terms of reaching Federal Legislators and letting them know what matters to our industry. So what are you waiting for, climb aboard!
WHAT DOES BUSPAC DO?
BusPAC is the American Bus Association’s political action committee. It is funded on a voluntary basis by ABA members from all aspects of the Motorcoach, Tour & Travel Industry. BusPAC funds are used to contribute to political campaigns and support of members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate who support our industry.
HOW DO I CLIMB ABOARD?
Climbing aboard BusPAC is easy:
1. First, before ABA can solicit you to contribute, your ABA member company must complete and submit an authorization form, to “opt” you in. This can be done right here:
2. Once you “opt-in,” you can then contribute. But do note, BusPAC can only accept your personal contribution (not your company’s funds). Also, the maximum amount you can donate per year is $5,000, BUT the good news is there is no minimum. So time to climb aboard by clicking below:
Alternatively, if you do not wish to contribute online you may mail a personal check (no company checks allowed) to:
c/o American Bus Association
111 K Street NE, 9th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
There are a number of issues that matter to our industry, and we need to continually educate our Legislators on these issues. Listed below are just a few of the issues BusPAC has enabled ABA to educate Legislators on this past year:
- FMCSA Lease & Interchange final rule
- Implementation of tolling and HOV provisions under the 2015 FAST Act
- Establishment of the National Advisory Committee on Travel & Tourism Infrastructure
- Fuel Tax Rebate
- Airport Access
WE CAN’T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU, SO CLIMB ABOARD!