ABA has joined Tourism Cares in their industry-wide initiative to help our friends and colleagues who have been affected by the recent hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean. You can help also by clicking on the link below and making a donation to Destination Recovery.
Support destinations in the Caribbean, Texas & Florida following Hurricanes Harvey & Irma through Destination Recover, a partnership with Tourism Cares. Donate online and select the region(s) to support at check-out or mail a check to: Destination Disaster Recovery Fund c/o Tourism Cares, 20 Vernon St.Norwood, MA 02062.
The Destination Disaster Recovery Fund works in conjunction with partnerships established with the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association and the Texas Travel Industry Association, adding national support for their regional efforts. Our program is guided by decades of disaster recovery and philanthropic expertise which have supported the SE Asia Tsunami, Hurricane's Katrina and Sandy, and the Nepal earthquake.
#GiveBetterTogether is never more apt than when disaster strikes. Major natural disasters, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and fires are occurring more frequently, often affecting tourism communities and livelihoods.
Disaster giving is an important gift and resource for destinations, and there are time-proven principles for ensuring your giving has the greatest impact.
Give today and make recovery giving the perfect complement to your relief giving.
Why give to Destinaton Recovery?
1. Dedicate part of your giving to the recovery of tourism, a cause directly aligned with your business.
2. Pool your contributions with others-- we make a greater impact by working together.
3. We also make an impact by using our skills, influence and businesses to drive recovery.
4. We share our stories and impact with your clients and partners, for brand support, inspiration and education.
Destination Recovery's strategy is Tailored for Travel Companies and Destinations.
While tailored to a particular event, our strategy revolves around recovery investments to improve the visitor experience and quality of life at a destination once tourism has recovered.
Recovery Tourism Investments
- Physical restoration of valuable but vulnerable sites.
- Promote recovery tourism through marketing and engage travel buyers, helping our operators, travel agents, publishers to help tourists return.
Renewal Tourism Investments
- Invest in social enterprises, so that when tourism fully recovers its benefits increasingly help those most in need; we may also support training for effective volunteerism, which often follows a disaster.
- Capacity building for tourism NGOs, so impacted organizations that are the long term stewards of a destination come back stronger.
- Workforce skills and talent development, boosting the capacity of professionals, especially during a time when part of the tourism workforce is displaced and rebuilding.