Congratulations! You have made the right step to helping your business grow, industry grow and expanding your network connections ... You joined the American Bus Association. Whether you are new to the ABA or have been a member for years, it is always good to take stock in what it means to be an ABA member and how we are here to help your business reach the next level.
As ABA members learn quickly, being a member can boost your business by allowing you to:
• Tap into knowledge – Why recreate the wheel when odds are someone in the industry has already done it? Your membership in ABA gives you access to valuable research produced by the ABA Foundation and other industry experts, as well as education and training to help you and your employees stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends, regulations and innovations. You also receive free subscriptions to ABA’s publications, which give you a well-rounded view of the industry.
• Enhance your reputation – By belonging to ABA you are saying to your customers, “I am a serious business who wants to provide you the best experience possible by continuing my education and making my industry better.” We can help you with continuing education opportunities! Have you taken advantage of ABA’s partnership with Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis’ (IUPUI) for the Certified Travel Industry Specialist Program? These rigorous, demanding but essential courses, designed exclusively for the motorcoach and group tour industry, introduce you to new concepts in the industry and expand your professional and personal skills. Also ABA's Foundation offers scholarships every year for our members, their employees and their families for continuing education. The ABA Foundation has awarded more than $790,000 in financial support to over 240 scholars in the past 19 years of outreach.
• Grow your network – By belonging to ABA you can gain access to other business owners who can support you and help you reach your professional goals. ABA offers numerous events throughout the year both in person and online that allow you to connect with your peers. We also have a number of tailored councils for you to join to discuss niche issues to your business whether is it safety and security; maintenance; women-owned businesses or Hispanic businesses – ABA has created a number of networking groups and opportunities for you to learn about breaking news in the industry, learn “best practices” or new ideas. And don’t forget ABA’s Marketplace – this annual event was created to help take your business to the next level.
• Have your voice heard in government – The power of ABA is to bring the industry together and speak with one voice on Capitol Hill and to the agencies that regulate our industry. Because companies are too focused on their day-to-day business activities, they do not pay attention to politics, nor want to get involved with them. Luckily, ABA’s staff is your watchdog paying attention to politics and laws so you do not have to. We monitor what’s happening and keep an eye out for changing legislation that would affect the industry. If something comes up, we work hard to fight against it and inform members on new laws and their implications. You can help strengthen ABA’s voice on the Hill by participating in ABA’s BusPAC. BusPAC helps ABA support legislators who understand and support the interests of the motorcoach and group travel industry.
• Take advantage of member discounts – Through your membership in ABA you have access to a number of discounts that will help you save money and help your business grow. ABA offers a number of exclusive discount programs with top-tier service providers.
• Never feel alone – As safe as our industry is, there are times when incidents happen. Many of our members are small family-owned businesses who don’t have professionally trained public relations and media representatives at the ready. Good news for you is that ABA does! We are here to help you with your crisis communication. When something goes wrong, don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call us!
Thank you for joining and putting your trust and business with us. We want to hear from you! What does being an ABA member mean to you? Send us an email or video to email@example.com.