Are you taking advantage of the educational opportunities that come with your ABA membership throughout the year? ABA offers a number of educational sessions both in person and sitting at your desk. Here is a list of where and when you can take advantage of ABA’s educational sessions and help your business grow.
During ABA’s Annual Meeting & Marketplace, ABA offers more than 50 quality seminars conducted by top-rated national speakers and industry experts. Educational sessions fall within three tracks:
• Professional Development: helps you develop specialized and unique skills to assist you in your personal career growth;
• Technology: helps you improve your technological skills in the ever-changing, fast-paced business environment. Training sessions focus on software, emerging online tools such as social media and advanced uses for common computer-based technologies.
• Sales and Marketing: delivers unique and innovative approaches to the science of selling. You will be introduced to new niche markets, focus on successful cutting-edge case studies, and how to take the next step in putting your business over the top.
Also during the event, don’t miss the education bites for when you are running tight on time but still want a dose of education. These short information sessions last between 14 and 30 minutes.
Missed a session at Marketplace that you wanted to attend or want to hear more from our Marketplace speakers? You are in luck! Most of ABA’s Annual Meeting & Marketplace speakers also participate in ABA webinars throughout the year. ABA offers a number of webinars each month geared toward your business needs. Each webinar can be done at your desk and last an hour. And if there is a webinar you missed or want to hear again as a refresh, you can find all past webinars on ABA’s website. Webinars are truly a great resource to continue professional development without having to leave your office!
Did you know that ABA offers a number of councils for its members (and non-members) to join? ABA councils provide added value to your membership as they are a perfect avenue for you to meet people in the industry who also want to network and grow in their business community.
Consider joining one of ABA’s councils today:
• Bus Industry Safety Council (BISC): The mission of the BISC is to continually raise the level of safety in the intercity bus and motorcoach industry through collaborative efforts of professionals in a workshop and educational environment.
• Bus Maintenance & Repair Council (BusMARC): The BusMARC addresses the need for continuing maintenance education and compliance training as well as provide a new venue for equipment, parts and service providers to interact with the bus industry.
• Entertainer Motorcoach Council (EMC): The mission and purpose of the EMC is to inspire a level of confidence in the safety, reliability, and quality of service for the operations of entertainer coaches employed on a charter or lease basis; actively promote the high quality services of EMC members; and more.
• Hispanic Motorcoach Council (HMC): The HMC promotes the continued growth, fellowship and development of the Hispanic business community in the motorcoach industry. It serves as a resource center and forum to promote safe motorcoach operations, encourage interaction among operators and transportation planners, and advocate for Hispanic and minority-owned businesses.
• Women in Buses Council (WIB): The mission of the WIB Council is to recognize and advance the role of women in the motorcoach industry through networking, education and mentoring programs.
Each council provides its own educational tracks and discussions that are customized to the council’s needs and membership.
Certified Travel Industry Special Program
ABA believes in the value of professional certification and the creation of programs that are industry specific, relevant, and flexible. To this end, ABA has partnered with Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). The CTIS correspondence courses are administered by IUPUI’s highly acclaimed professional staff. These rigorous, demanding but essential courses, designed exclusively for the motorcoach and group tour industry, introduce you to new concepts in the industry and expand your professional and personal skills.
You and your business are important to ABA and the industry and that is why we offer the educational opportunities to help you and your business flourish. Make sure you put upcoming educational sessions on your calendar and take advantage of your ABA membership benefits!