AT A GLANCE IS A WEEKLY COLLABORATION BETWEEN ABA AND TOUROPERATORLAND.COM.
Fairbanks at a Glance
Ideas for First Timers:
- Visit the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center in downtown Fairbanks
- Take a historic sternwheeler cruise on the Chena River that flows through Fairbanks
- Visit the University of Alaska Museum of the North
- Visit the dog mushers kennel and learn about the official state sport of Alaska
- Take a trip to Denali National Park, two hours from Fairbanks by road or four hours by Alaska Railroad
Ideas for Repeat Visitors:
- Take a day or overnight trip north across the Arctic Circle, either by flying or a tour on the famous Dalton Highway
- Walk with a herd of reindeer through a Boreal Forest at a local reindeer ranch
- Learn how to pan for gold like the pioneers of yesteryear
- Take a trip to Chena Hot Springs Resort to soak in the natural hot springs and visit the famous Ice Museum
- Tour the world-class Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum-
Take a deep breath and explore Fairbanks! With the midnight summer sun shining nearly 24 hours a day, Fairbanks is bursting with energy and things to do. Aug.21 through April 21, during the aurora season in Fairbanks, you have a great chance to see the shimmering light of the aurora borealis. Once a gold rush boomtown, now called the "Golden Heart City," visitors find Fairbanks inviting, engaging and awe-inspiring- the heart of the last frontier.
Come experience everything that makes Fairbanks a great tour destination and an ABA member that you may meet at ABA's Annual Meeting & Marketplace in Charlotte, N.C.
Royalty royalty-free, high resolution photos you can download for brochures, website or proposals:
Photo credits: Explore Fairbanks
Fairbanks royalty-free photo library, click here.
For the full Fairbanks itinerary, click here.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
TourOperatorLand.com is a proud member of ABA.