Thank you for your interest in ABA’s Marketplace and our sponsorship opportunities. As you are aware, the American Bus Marketplace is the premier event in the group travel industry for companies who are serious about motorcoach and group travel business. The Marketplace sponsorship program is tailor-made to give your organization big name recognition with hundreds of bus and tour owners and operators throughout North America who plan tours for millions of passengers each year. Through a Marketplace sponsorship, you can make valuable contacts that will lead to profitable business with the very people who make the decisions.
From contract to post-Marketplace follow-up, ABA staff will work directly with you to create the perfect sponsorship to meet your unique needs, because flexibility is the key to making your sponsorship successful and effective. With our varied sponsorship levels, you decide how much exposure you need. You not only get what you pay for, but you also only pay for what you want. This means more value for your dollar, and you can’t put a price on that.
All Marketplace sponsors receive the following benefits:
- Inclusion in pre-Marketplace mailings. The earlier you make the decision to become a sponsor the more exposure you receive.
- Special recognition as a sponsor on ABA’s Web site, www.buses.org, which includes a link directly to your site.
- Special recognition on a sponsor directory that will be sent to all Operators prior to Marketplace and also after Marketplace is concluded. This will include your contact information and also a link to your web site and a brochure that you would like to feature.
- Special recognition as a sponsor throughout Marketplace week via signage, sponsor ribbons and public recognition.
- Recognition in the Marketplace Directory of Participants, which is emailed to every Marketplace delegate.
- Recognition in the post-Marketplace issue of Destinations magazine, ABA’s award-winning publication.
- Education Speaker sponsors receive recognition on all Education signage.
- Special recognition in the Motorcoach Marketer, the annual tour/charter planner of the American Bus Association, an invaluable industry publication referenced throughout the year by bus and tour operators. If contract is signed before it is printed.
- Ability to provide promotional materials in ABA’s registration bag.
- Contact information for all Marketplace Buyer delegates for follow-up after Marketplace.
- Guaranteed first right of refusal on your valuable 2012 sponsorship for Marketplace 2013.
In addition, Level 3 and Level 2 sponsors have a chance to shine in the high traffic areas at Marketplace with complimentary booth space.
- Level 3 sponsors receive a custom booth space — a $5,500 value in itself.
- Level 2 sponsors receive a 10’ x 10’ booth — worth $3,000.
Furnishings and decorations in the booth are at the cost of the sponsor.
Various Sponsorship Levels
Whether you are a longtime Marketplace sponsor or considering sponsoring for the very first time, you won’t be disappointed. ABA is committed to making sure sponsors get the best possible attention and visibility. A Marketplace sponsorship is your key to success in the group tour market.
Download the Sponsorship Packet or read more:
- Luncheons at the American Bus Marketplace are entertaining, sit-down affairs that allow you a rare opportunity to showcase your destination. You will have up to 45 minutes for lively entertainment while you command the attention of all ABA Operator and Travel Industry delegates at your luncheon. Luncheons are available on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and are open to all delegates with an average attendance of 1,800. The sponsorship fee is $5,500 plus the cost of food and beverage, audiovisual, entertainment and decorations.
Monday Luncheon; Tuesday and Wednesday Luncheons
- Hospitality Functions are the perfect opportunity to provide informal fun and relaxed networking. These functions give the sponsor the opportunity to provide entertainment, food and beverages to all Marketplace delegates. Available Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday evenings, these functions begin after the evening’s scheduled event. The sponsorship fee is $5,500 plus the cost of food and beverage, audiovisual, entertainment and decorations.
Monday and Tuesday Nights; Saturday Night
- A Full-Week Floor Lounge Booth offers great visibility in a high traffic area in the Marketplace Networking Floor. It’s a great opportunity to attract virtually every Operator Buyer delegate on his or her way to or from their appointments. The sponsor provides food, drink and giveaways of their choice. The Lounge is open during all Marketplace registration hours. The sponsorship fee is $5,500 plus the cost of food and beverage.
Eleven Sold; space is limited so sponsor today
- The Resource Central Service Center offers great visibility in a high traffic area on the Marketplace Networking Floor. It’s a great opportunity to attract delegates with more than 3300 utilizing this on-site service at Marketplace 2010. Showcase your company with a theme, logo and other marketing opportunities within the center. The Service Center is open during all Marketplace registration hours and staff by Marketplace volunteers recruited by ABA. The sponsorship fee is $10,000.
- The Orientation Center Service Center offers great visibility in a high traffic area on the Marketplace Networking Floor. It’s a great opportunity to attract first-time buyer and seller delegates (approx. 20% of delegates each year). Showcase your company with a theme, logo and other marketing opportunities within the center, including your company's name on the seminar sign and STAR educational materials. The Service Center is open during all Marketplace registration hours and staff by Marketplace volunteers recruited by ABA. The sponsorship fee is $10,000.
- An ad in the Official Program is a great way to get your name out to all delegates. Every delegate will receive an Official Program and use it all week for their valuable Marketplace information. The sponsorship fee is $7,500 for the Back Cover and the ads on the Inside Front and Back Covers are $5,500.
Inside Front Cover; Back Cover; Inside Back Cover
- Put your logo front and center by sponsoring the Operator Appointment Booth ID Signs. Your company logo will appear on all of the ID signs for everyone in the Marketplace Business Floor to see. Sponsorship fee is $15,000.
- Have your logo or company name on the Appointment Clock for all delegates to see! The appointment clock is hung above the business floor to help everyone with the appointment number and time. Have your logo scroll on the clock for the entire week and let people also notice your company.
- Expand your visibility with a Super Floor Lounge. This custom booth space provides your company with an added dimension to your Marketplace marketing plan. Sponsorship fee is $10,000 or up depending custom booth size.
- Let your company's name be heard. Sponsor the headsets for the Orientation Center. Your company name will be visible to everyone as the STAR delegates tour the Marketplace floor all week long. Sponsorship fee is $10,000.
- Operator breakfasts are the best and most valuable way to start the day. By hosting only operator delegates at a full sit-down breakfast, you have the opportunity to capture their attention and show them all the hospitality you have to offer. The sponsor will have up to 20 minutes for a presentation if desired. Average attendance is 450, and only operator Buyer delegates and VIP’s are eligible to attend. Available on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings, the sponsorship fee is $5,500 plus the cost of food and beverage, audiovisual, entertainment and decorations.
Sunday, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday Breakfasts
- ABA’s networking sponsorship is the Networking Floor Reception. Be the first to greet the Operators and Sellers as they visit the Marketplace Networking Floor. Showcase your area at the 6 hour reception with entertainment, food and beverage. The sponsorship fee is $5,500 plus the cost of food, beverage, entertainment and audiovisual. The estimated attendance is 700-1000 people.
- Marketplace Registration Bags are your chance to showcase your company on the official Marketplace delegate bag. Every delegate will receive and carry your bag throughout Marketplace week. Given out at registration, these bags are a perfect way to get your name displayed. After Marketplace, the bags continue to promote your company as delegates carry them on buses, planes and trains—everywhere they go! The print run is approximately 3,500 and the sponsorship fee is $5,500 plus the cost of the bags.
- The Operator Appointment Booklet is given to all appointment-taking operators so they have their appointment schedule with them at all times. Place your ad on the back cover and have your name in front of them all week. The Back Cover Ad is $7,500. You may also place your ad on the inside front or inside back of the Operator Appointment Booklet for only $5,500 each.
Inside Back Cover; Inside Front Cover; Back Cover
- All delegates refer to the Directory of Participants at Marketplace and throughout the year. This directory is on-line and lists all attendees of Marketplace 2011. Put your name in front of them all year with ads in the directory. The exclusive sponsorship is $5,500.
- Have your name in front of all delegates as they open the Networking Floor and Product Pavilion Map. The map is provided to all delegates as they register. Your name and logo will appear on the outside of the map and your ad will cover the back of the map. As people look at the map, everyone else will be looking at your ad! Sponsorship fee is $15,000.
- Make certain your materials arrive back at the buyers' offices. Operator Shipping Boxes let your company's name be the first thing buyers see when they return home.
Level 2 Marketplace Sponsorship Opportunities
- The Message Center is your opportunity to light up the computer monitors with your organization’s name. When you sponsor ABA’s internal Message Center, your name will be noticed on all messages printed and posted on the message board. The sponsorship fee for the entire week is only $3,000 plus the cost of the computers, printers and Internet services.
- The E-mail Center is your opportunity to light up the computer monitors with your organization’s name. ABA’s E-mail Center gives delegates access to their home or office e-mail. The sponsorship fee for the entire week is only $3,000 plus the cost of the computers, printers and Internet services.
- Marketplace Education Seminars are the best source of continuing education in the group travel industry. Attendance by bus and tour operators as well as travel industry delegates has gone up every year! Your organization will be able to choose a speaker from our contracted speaker list whose message is relevant to delegates’ educational needs. The sponsorship fee is $3,000 and sponsors have the opportunity to introduce the speaker.
Twelve Sold; Two Available
- Help honor the CTIS graduates at their graduation ceremony by sponsoring the CTIS Graduation Reception. This event is held one evening after appointments to honor the delegates receiving their Certified Travel Industry Specialist (CTIS) designation. The cost is $3,000 plus the cost of the light reception food and beverage.
- Education Refreshment Breaks are an important pick-me-up for Marketplace delegates attending education seminars. Make the grade and contribute to ABA’s outstanding educational program by sponsoring food and beverage during these important educational sessions. The sponsorship fee is $3,000 plus the cost of the beverages.
- Delegate Name Badge Holders are worn by every delegate all of the time. Showcase your company name and logo on the front of the badge holder for all of the delegates to see. The sponsorship fee is $3,000 plus the cost of 3,000 badge holders.
- Operator Water Stations help keep the Operators from getting too thirsty while doing appointments on the Marketplace Business Floor. Provide the water coolers at a sponsorship fee of $3,000 plus the cost of the water coolers for the week.
- Delegate Registration Envelopes are the best way for people to see your name first! Have your company’s logo on the registration envelope that is handed to each delegate as they registered and be the first company that people see when they get to Marketplace.
- Operator Profile Binder
- Business Floor Seat Back Covers
Level 1 Marketplace Sponsorship Opportunities
- Delegate Supplies are a great way to get your name out to the delegates. It’s the little things that count, and delegates will remember your organization when you sponsor the special touches like pens, post-its or notepads. The sponsorship fee is $1,500 plus the cost of supplies and the shipping and drayage costs. This sponsorship is upgradeable to a Level 2 sponsorship.
- Gifts delivered to Operator Booths gets your items distributed directly to the Operator booths. Imagine your company’s name and logo on indispensable items such as staplers, 3-hole punches, laminated maps, chair pads, etc. Buyer delegates throughout Marketplace week use these items, and will thank you throughout the week. It’s a perfect way to put your company’s name and logo right in their hands. The sponsorship fee is only $1,500 plus the cost of the item furnished and the shipping and drayage costs. This sponsorship is upgradeable to a Level 2 sponsorship for a $3,000 sponsorship fee, plus the cost of the item furnished and the shipping and drayage costs. It would then include a 10x10 booth space on the Networking Floor.
- Ecumenical Service
If you would like to upgrade to a Level 2 sponsorship and have a booth on the Networking floor, please contact Jana Fields. This upgraded sponsorship level includes a 10x10 booth space.
Interested in a sponsorship? Contact Jana Fields at 202-218-7213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.